When you want an affordable alternative to pavement restoration, asphalt milling could be the best option for you. Instead of performing a complete demolition of the area and repaving it, milling is grinding up the surface. This can be just a couple of inches or full-depth removal. Then, you’ll have a smooth and even surface that is perfectly prepared for repaving.
When To Choose Asphalt Milling
Milling is a great option when the pavement has widespread problems. Problems like surface damage such as cracking, reveling, or a slope that is not even. When the issues are just on the surface, your sub base should be in good shape. So you don’t need to fully demolish and then repave. We’ll just fix what’s broken and get your project completed fast and efficiently.
We offer pavement milling only. If your project requires pavement milling only, let us know; we will accommodate providing milling only for you. We are ready to serve you with your pavement milling needs.
Benefits of Asphalt Milling
- Instead of repaving over the top of the current surface, milling allows you to restore the pavement and give it a great-looking facelift and keep it at the correct height.
- Milling even helps the environment. The material is milled from the surface of your project, is easily collected and taken to recycling plants. There, it can be re-used in hot-mix asphalt. In fact, asphalt is one of the most recycled materials in the United States – because of the milling process.
- The milling process is a great way to focus the work on specific areas that have a problem that needs to be corrected. This means you don’t have to fix the whole area, rather just do what is necessary for the area that needs it.
- It is more cost effective than other options
- The milling process does not generate smoke or flames and the dust is easily maintained
- Restores the drainage flow
- Adds texture and greater bond to the pavement
- Added curb appeal
- Eliminates ruts
- Creates a uniform cross-section and longitudinal profile
- Creates a uniform pavement-curb-gutter match
Affordable Pavement Restoration
Asphalt milling is best for pavements with extensive surface damage, such as cracking, raveling, or an uneven slope. There’s no need to completely demolish and resurface because the sub base is still intact. Instead, using a milling machine, the affected layers can be removed and replaced with new hot-mix.
Pavement milling also aids in the management of a variety of other challenges.
Drainage And Pavement Height
An overlay is another option for restoring a pavement’s surface. Because the overlay is a new layer placed on the existing asphalt surface, it raises the height of the pavement each time it is done. Consider it similar to repainting your home’s walls. If you do it enough times, you’ll need to chip the old paint off first.
After multiple overlays on a pavement structure, you won’t be able to increase height to the surface without causing other problems. Asphalt milling allows you to rebuild your pavement while keeping the same height as before.
When asphalt is milled from the surface, it is collected and delivered to a recycling facility, where it can be used as aggregate in new hot-mix asphalt. Asphalt has become one of the most recycled materials in the United States as a result of this process.
Milling Can Help With Specific Problem Areas
If you have considerable damage to your parking lot or another road surface that is limited to specific areas, asphalt milling allows you to repair that damage without having to resurface the entire area.
Asphalt milling can be used to remove the asphalt to a suitable depth and replace it at the same level as the remainder of the pavement.
Asphalt Milling and Paving Contractor in New York City
Woolley is a dependable milling contractor proving Milling and Paving services for property owners in Holmes, New York. We handle milling jobs of all sizes and for a variety of residential and commercial customers. We can restore your old asphalt to like-new condition. We resurface and replace old driveways and construct new ones for our customers as a local qualified contractor.
We are committed to delivering the professional and high-quality results you deserve. Our staff will put out the effort to design and construct a paved surface that will last for many years. We can fix your current setup if it has a lot of potholes and cracks. Our asphalt milling services are a cost-effective and efficient solution to provide parking for your staff and customers.
Keep in mind that it is very important to make sure you choose to work with a contractor that is both licensed and insured. We are fully insured and we provide insurance certificates for every job that we do. We are licensed to work in Putnam, Westchester, and Connecticut. We also work in Dutchess where a license is not required.
- Dutchess County — Not Required
- Putnam County — License # PC 2648-A
- Westchester County — License# WC-15907-H04
- Connecticut — License # HIC.0615407
No matter what the size or scope of your project is, site preparation is going to be a vital part of it. A solid foundation is a must! As the leading excavation company in New York, we understand all of the ins-and-outs of the local specifications and requirements.
Our team will do everything possible to make sure your needs are met and you are satisfied with our milling services. We do professional work for affordable prices — just the way it should be. We focus our efforts on finishing each and every commercial project on time and in a manner that exceeds your expectations.
With more than 30 years of experience, we can confidently say that your project is in good hands with Woolley. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation.